community-dev mailing list archives

From Isabel Drost <isa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mentoring Programm
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2010 06:06:30 GMT
On 14.01.2010 Luciano Resende wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 10:51 AM, jakub <jack@ubilix.com> wrote:
> > but i don't know wich project to join. I got some basic skills in Java,
> > C/C++ and Ruby. Therefore I'm interested in programming in these
> > languages.
>
> I'd recommend that you at least browse around the Apache Projects to
> at least identify an area that interests you

You could also start by looking at projects you are using already: Think of
features you would love to have and are able to implement, consider fixing bugs
that apply to your use cases. If you have a need for a fresh release consider
looking into the JIRA (or bugzilla) of that project and search for issues that
are blocking the next release...

Which Apache projects are you using?

Isabel