community-dev mailing list archives

From Isabel Drost <isa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Need a mentor to guide me contribute to hadoop
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2010 17:08:00 GMT
On Wednesday 06 January 2010 17:43:59 Ravi wrote:
> I don't have any thing specific. I am searching to find one. However, I
> have on hadoop mailing list and closely following the issues.

Did you setup a (mini-)Hadoop cluster already? Did you try checking out the
source from svn and building it on your machine?

Is there any specific issue you followed or any component that interests you?
It is always more fun to be able to work on stuff that you like and that
interests you compared to being assigned work. After all, working on free
software projects should be fun ;)

Isabel

--
  |\      _,,,---,,_       Web:   <http://www.isabel-drost.de>