community-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <ross.gard...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Tagging issues in projects
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 20:01:22 GMT
2009/12/4 Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com>:
> Very few new people ever have shown up just randomly looking for
> things to do. They generally have bees in their hats on particular
> subjects, and set to work on them. So this field hasn't gotten a lot
> of exercise.

I think this is true for all projects, but here at comdev we will be
actively engaging people who are not drawn to the project to scratch
an itch, but rather to learn about open development/Apache Way. The
goal is not to change the way projects engage with their communities,
but to make it easier for random wanderers to find something
sufficiently interesting to look at.

Ross