community-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Need a mentor to guide me contribute to hadoop
Date Wed, 30 Dec 2009 12:03:57 GMT
On 30/12/2009 11:37, Ravi wrote:
> Hi,
>    I am pursuing my master in computer science. I would like to
> contribute to the hadoop. Can someone tell me how can I find a mentor.

Hi Ravi,

Our mentoring programme is still very young so our processes are fairly
ad-hoc right now. I'm going to start off by pointing you at the
documentation we have, but we are aware that they may not be entirely
complete so do ask for clarifications here.

Please take a look at our mentoring page at [1], if you are planning on
working on hadoop as part of your masters you should also read [2].

 From [1] you will see that you need to complete an application "form".
This gives us enough background information to enable us to approach
your chosen project community and for you to work with prospective
mentors in working out your mentored activity.

Ross

[1] http://community.apache.org/mentoringprogramme.html
[2] http://community.apache.org/mentorprogrammeformaleducation.html
[3] http://community.apache.org/mentorprogrammeapplication.html