community-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Compiling a list of speakers
Date Tue, 29 Dec 2009 11:45:50 GMT
If you don't want to be publicly listed as a potential ASF speaker stop
reading now.

Sally recently mentioned that she wanted to compile a list of speakers,
I responded that the Community Development project has been working on
some software to present this in a usable form for the end user.

This software is now ready to go live (at present it allows one to
search for potential speakers near a certain location and returns a map
with details for the nearest 20 speakers). Nick is currently working
with infra folk to get it hosted.

We need to compile a list of potential speakers. I'm starting with prc@
so we have a reasonably small number of test cases in the first
instance, this will be taken to members@ and then committers@ once we
have ironed out the details.

If you already have an entry on http://people.apache.org (with
geolocatoin data) you only need to tell me that you want to be included
on the app. Email addresses are not provided by the app, people will be
encouraged to contact the speakers via PRC.

If you don't currently have an entry on http://people.apache.org then
see the instructions at http://people.apache.org/foaf/index.html, once
completed let me know and I'll include you on the list of spekers.

So, please let me have your foaf details if you want including in the
list of speakers on this developing app.

Ross