community-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: "Nearby People" (Local Mentors & Local Speakers) web app
Date Mon, 28 Dec 2009 02:18:18 GMT
On 26/12/2009 17:54, Nick Burch wrote:
> In Oakland, I knocked up a quick web application to help with two
> proposed areas of effort - Local Mentors and Local Speakers.

> If you're interested in having a play, it's a Django (python) web app.
> Just check it out [1], plus the committers foaf files [2] and our sub
> project doap files [3]. Copy local_settings.py.example to
> local_settings.py and tell it where the checkouts are. Finally, do
> ./manage.py runserver and then http://localhost:8000/ will be it.

This doesn't work. I get IO errors (No such file or directory).

I tracked this down to first not being able to find the subproject rdf
files. It looks in /data/projects but they are in svn in ../subprojects
- I've updated the local_settings.py.example file accordingly.

I've also added a readme.txt to help people get started.

Thanks for this Nick, I'll have a play with it tomorrow assuming the
local garage doesn't get us on the road again quickly.

Ross