community-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: "Nearby People" (Local Mentors & Local Speakers) web app
Date Sun, 27 Dec 2009 22:47:17 GMT
On 26/12/2009 17:54, Nick Burch wrote:
> In Oakland, I knocked up a quick web application to help with two
> proposed areas of effort - Local Mentors and Local Speakers.

I saw this working in Oakland - it's great stuff.

Nick, I recently mentioned this on the PRC list since Sally was voicing
her plan to create a speakers registry in the new year. I'll make sure
we liaise appropriately.

> Otherwise, I'll also aim to get some information on the local mentor
> program from my barcamp notes in confluence site, so we've got something
> as a starting point.

Great, stuff. I'm starting to come out of my XMas hibernation. i was
supposed to be home by now, but I appear to have broken a suspension
spring in my car - who said 4x4s were tough?

Ross