community-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: How to track/rank/accept mentor proposals
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 19:00:01 GMT
Gert Vanthienen wrote:
> Next to the options mentioned, another option to consider might be
> JIRA: for tracking/ranking incoming proposals, we could just create an
> issue per proposal and use comments on the issue (where we can set the
> "viewable by" field for some of the comments)?

I think this is the best short term option. I don't really think there
will be a ranking  for acceptance as the applications will be staggered
and I think as long as we get a mentor willing to accept the proposal,
it will probably go through. Jira is light weight, easy to use and
maintain. We can have a component for proposals.