community-dev mailing list archives

From Isabel Drost <isa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SVM algo, code, etc.
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2009 14:08:02 GMT
On Fri Sean Owen <srowen@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) Is SVM in scope for Mahout? (I am guessing so.)

Yes.

> 2) Who is nominally committing to shepherd the code into the code base
> and fix bugs and answer questions? (Jake?)
>
> I'm not really bothered about this particular patch, but the more
> general question.

I would guess that your question is not really restricted to Mahout but
the same question appears on other projects as well. Basically the
question is on "how to mentor developers to become new project members".

If you are interested in a broader discussion, it might make sense to
include the people over at the newly founded community development
project in the discussion?

Isabel