commons-user mailing list archives

From కృష్ణ చైతన్య <k.krishnachaita...@gmail.com>
Subject [daemon] Enabling Native Memory Tracking while starting tomcat using jsvc
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2019 10:18:32 GMT
Hi,

We are trying to enable Native Memory Tracking by setting the flags "-XX:+UnlockDiagnosticVMOptions
-XX:NativeMemoryTracking=detail -XX:+PrintNMTStatistics" during startup.  We use jsvc to fire
up tomcat and it fails to turn on Native Memory Tracking.  In Catalina.out we see the following
error during startup.

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: Native Memory Tracking did not setup properly,
using wrong launcher?
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: PrintNMTStatistics is disabled, because native
memory tracking is not enabled

The below link from the tomcat users mailer list, indicates that we can’t enable Native
Memory Tracking while using jsvc.  Is there a way to have this turned on while using jsvc
to start tomcat.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tomcat-users/201703.mbox/%3cCAP-JJ3o-nZO3RgKQzVHBf8zxBngwRcdmeM9WaWoxNkD5iSBoKw@mail.gmail.com%3e
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tomcat-users/201703.mbox/%3CCAP-JJ3o-nZO3RgKQzVHBf8zxBngwRcdmeM9WaWoxNkD5iSBoKw@mail.gmail.com%3E>

Regards,