commons-user mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [daemon] Enabling Native Memory Tracking while starting tomcat using jsvc
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2019 11:52:14 GMT
On 30/07/2019 11:18, కృష్ణ చైతన్య wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are trying to enable Native Memory Tracking by setting the flags "-XX:+UnlockDiagnosticVMOptions
-XX:NativeMemoryTracking=detail -XX:+PrintNMTStatistics" during startup.  We use jsvc to fire
up tomcat and it fails to turn on Native Memory Tracking.  In Catalina.out we see the following
error during startup.

> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: Native Memory Tracking did not setup properly,
using wrong launcher?
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: PrintNMTStatistics is disabled, because native
memory tracking is not enabled

> The below link from the tomcat users mailer list, indicates that we can’t enable Native
Memory Tracking while using jsvc.  Is there a way to have this turned on while using jsvc
to start tomcat.

That would require code changes to the jsvc code to configure the
environment variable as described in:
https://blogs.oracle.com/poonam/using-nmt-with-custom-jvm-launcher

Mark