commons-user mailing list archives

From Gil Baruch <>
Subject [daemon] Problem with Working Directory
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2018 21:07:18 GMT
Seems like I hit a well known issue although I couldn't find documentation
about it in the FAQ (unfortunately).

It seems that Java does not fully support changing the working directory
(AKA system property 'user.dir').

Some functionality, such as new File(relativePath) will not be affected by
a change of 'user.dir' system property and instead, the file path would be
constructed out of the actual working directory that the JVM started from.

However, when using the Daemon, I cannot specify the directory from where
to perform the execution of the JVM...

what am I missing?