commons-user mailing list archives

From Cristian Lorenzetto <cristian.lorenze...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [javaflow] - how to use continuation in JNI boundary
Date Sat, 20 Jan 2018 20:53:22 GMT
this is a problem for me.

My idea is to use many coroutines instead to use many threads because it is
more scalable.
Consider i realize a scheduler in which i can push many coroutines.
Pratically it is a coroutines pool inside the same thread.

When a corotuines is blocked by a wait() instruction it is not necessary to
block the thread but it is sufficient to suspend it.
When a corotuine is suspended , it is taken another  coroutine ready to be
resumed. In this way the thread is never blocked ... and the global
performance will be very hight.

For this reason is important to instrument synchronized blocks.