commons-user mailing list archives

From "Simo Chiegang, Boris Arthur" <>
Subject [compress] LZ4 compress time to slow
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2017 15:22:19 GMT

I tried simple to compress a byte array using the LZ4 compression:

int numberReaded = tifFile.readEncodedStrip( 49, pointer, -1 );
byte[] byteResult = pointer.getByteArray( 0, numberReaded);   // The array has a length of
4194048 so 4Mb
ByteArrayOutputStream outStr = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
BlockLZ4CompressorOutputStream outputStream = new BlockLZ4CompressorOutputStream( outStr );
outputStream.write( byteResult );

So , the execution time of the write method is more than 1 minutes. It's not acceptable, may
be it is a bug or I made somethings wrong?

P.S: I tried another library and  I get the time under 10ms!

Best Regards
Boris Simo

Confidentiality note:
The information in this email and any attachment may contain confidential and proprietary
information of Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG and/or its affiliates and may be privileged
or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express
permission is strictly prohibited and may cause liability. In case you have received this
message due to an error in transmission, we kindly ask you to notify the sender immediately
and to delete this email and any attachment from your system.