commons-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Sewe <andreas.s...@codetrails.com>
Subject Re: Release BCEL 6.1?
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2017 13:05:43 GMT
Hello Benedikt,

>> is there anything I can do to help?
>
> No, not really. There where some discussions on the ML regarding breaking changes. I’m
not sure we reached consensus there. I’ll probably go an push out RC1 to see how people
feel about the breaking changes. Would be nice, I you could share your thoughts about that
too.

pushing out an RC1 first is a good idea (does "pushing out" include
deploying to Maven Central?). As SpotBugs uses BCEL quite heavily, this
would give us the opportunity to report any breakage early.

>> We at SpotBugs are holding our breath [1] for an official BCEL 6.1.0
>> release, which we would like to include in our own upcoming 3.1.0
>> release -- rather than including a self-built BCEL 6.1.0 snapshot.
>
> Sorry, I’m doing this on my spare time and I had some busy weeks lately. I’ll try
to get to it this weekend.

No problem. I'm also just a weekend committer to SpotBugs, so we are in
the same boat.

Best wishes,

Andreas

--