commons-user mailing list archives

From Bernd Eckenfels <>
Subject Re: How to list out files from UNC path?
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2017 11:38:04 GMT

Yes and no. With the Cifs provider contained in the VFS Sandbox you can directly connect to
a SMB1.0 server (and use the normal VFS API to list files). However for licensing reasons
we do not ship binaries, so you have to compile the provider on your own. The other problem
is, that it only supports SMB1.0 with increasingly gets switched off.

A new component which fixes both problems (based on smbj) is in the makes. You can check the
development mailing list archive for the Github fork. I haven't however yet used it personally
so I am not quite sure how far it is (but I would assume listing files works).

From: prabhu Mahendran <>
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 12:41:52 PM
Subject: How to list out files from UNC path?

Hi All,

Is this possible to list out files present in UNC
Path(//hostname/foldername) with valid credentials using VFS library?

Generally I wants to get files present in network folder in which needs
credentials  to access files.

Now i need to list out files using java api.

Can anyone suggest me way to do that?