commons-user mailing list archives

From Carl Eric Codere <cecod...@yahoo.ca.INVALID>
Subject Re: [VFS] How to override a FileContent / FileContentInfo provider for an existing filesystem?
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2017 16:27:30 GMT
Greetings,
                 Yes, I was talking about javax.activation.DataSource, which
seems to be consistent with what you are doing, but it does not seem to have available in
Android i think, so it could be an issue, also same for FileTypeMap, thanks for the clarification.
Best regards,Carl

      From: Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com>
 To: Commons Users List <user@commons.apache.org>; Carl Eric Codere <cecodere@yahoo.ca>

 Sent: Monday, September 25, 2017 5:10 PM
 Subject: Re: [VFS] How to override a FileContent / FileContentInfo provider for an existing
filesystem?

Hi Carl,

WRT DataSource, this is a JDBC interface, which does not seem appropriate
for a file system. Or do you mean javax.activation.DataSource. Apache
Commons VFS was started a long time ago and not adapted to newer JREs in
this area (obviously.)

Gary

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 8:31 AM, Carl Eric Codere <cecodere@yahoo.ca.invalid