commons-user mailing list archives

From Carl Eric Codere <>
Subject [VFS] How to override a FileContent / FileContentInfo provider for an existing filesystem?
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2017 14:31:23 GMT
Greetings,                I am interested in using the VFS library for one of
my projects, as it has almost everything I need, but i have some questions on it though.
My use case is as follows:* For the local file system, I use DESCRIPT.ION files to store attributes
of files and directories, so I would need to override some methods of DefaultFileInfo() ,
mainly all the attribute related functions. How can I set my own FileInfo provider? I did
not find any API in the interfaces to do this, maybe, i missed something.
* The same is true of FileContent, how can I set my own FileContentInfo provider in FileContent
? I would probably use a feature of JDK 1.6 (the FileTypeMap class) to override the default

Finally an unrelated question, why you do not use the DataSource interface in FileObject available
in JDK 1.6, is it because of Android compatibility issues?
Thanks in advance for your help,Carl