commons-user mailing list archives

From nitin mahendru <nitin.mahendr...@gmail.com>
Subject [CSV] Record Separator query
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2017 22:12:55 GMT
Hello All,

I am trying to read in a csv file which may be 'crlf' or 'lf' seperated.
Then I want to change a particular column, say encrypt it and then write
back a new csv with that updated column. I want to use the same record
separator as was in the input file.

Is there a way to get the record separator back from the CSVParser object ?
I am planning to use the below method to get the writer.
CSVFormat.RFC4180.withRecordSeparator(<need to add record separator).print()

For using the above I need to know the record separator upfront which I
have no clue about as the Parser object does not expose that detail.

thanks

Nitin