commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [configuration] Creating a properties file
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2017 15:49:34 GMT
Hi Thomas,

Am 30.08.2017 um 10:56 schrieb Thomas Mortagne:
> Here is what I currently do:
>
>             PropertiesBuilderParameters parameters = new
> Parameters().properties();
>             if (file.exists()) {
>                 new Parameters().properties().setFile(file);
>             }
>
>             FileBasedConfigurationBuilder<PropertiesConfiguration> builder =
>                 new
> FileBasedConfigurationBuilder<PropertiesConfiguration>(PropertiesConfiguration.class)
>                     .configure(parameters);
>             PropertiesConfiguration properties = builder.getConfiguration();
>
>             properties.setProperty("property", "value");
>
>             builder.getFileHandler().save(file);
>
> but I find it more complex than it should.

one option would be to create the PropertiesConfiguration directly,
populate it, and then save it using a FileHandler. This would roughly
look something like the following:

PropertiesConfiguration config = new PropertiesConfiguration();
config.addProperty(...);

FileHandler handler = new FileHandler(config);
File out = new File("union.properties");
handler.save(out);

More information can be found in the user's guide in the section about
file-based configurations [1].

HTH
Oliver

[1]