commons-user mailing list archives

From "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <brunodepau...@yahoo.com.br.INVALID>
Subject Re: [imaging] Apache Commons Imaging 1.0 final release ?
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2017 11:02:03 GMT
Hello Olivier!
You are correct, no official release yet. Yet :)
Some days ago I spent some time working on a IIIF PoC with the Cantaloupe server, and decided
to spend time working on commons-imaging to see what could be done to get a first release
out.
I started triaging issues, but am far away of understanding the code base or understanding
the current state of the project. I agree an initial release would be good, but I would like
some good review to understand what should go in a 1.0 release, and what should maybe be removed
or moved to a branch for a later release.
>From the initial triage, I found that there are some metadata issues with TIFF and JPEG
that would impact the use of commons-imaging in IIIF. So I am planning to spend time on that
in the next days.
Would you be interested or have time to help reviewing the current state of the project? Not
necessarily jump and code if you don't have time, but maybe just provide feedback on which
features you think **must** be in the 1.0 release, and if you found anything that would prevent
this initial release.
CheersBruno

From: Olivier Jaquemet <olivier.jaquemet@jalios.com>To: "user@commons.apache.org" <user@commons.apache.org>Sent:
Monday, 28 August 2017, 9:11:08 PM NZSTSubject: [imaging] Apache Commons Imaging 1.0 final
release ?
Hi imagers :)

As far I could find, no official release of
org.apache.commons/commons-imaging was ever published to maven.
I understand that the current snapshot build is stable and that previous
sanselan release are too.
That said, an official build would certainly increase confidence in the
library and lead to more adoption, don't you think ?

Do you plan to release version 1.0 of Apache Commons Imaging ?

Thanks,
Olivier