commons-user mailing list archives

From Dan C <>
Subject Re: [EXEC] Question
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2017 16:26:45 GMT
Thanks for the reply!!

Here’s my situation:
I’m using the Apache Commons Exec version 1.3 code to call a bash script (which in turn
calls one or more bash scripts).  In most cases, everything works and the calling Java code
gets a response.  However, on some occasions, the call to DefaultExecutor’s execute method
never returns (I’m calling one of the synchronous execute methods) …

I have tracing in the bash scripts which indicate that they have finished.
Also, I am using the ExecuteWatchdog class, but it doesn’t recognize the fact that my timeout
has been exceeded.

So, I’m looking for the following :
 - Some help (tips/tricks/what to look for/at) with how to debug my problem.
 - A good clear example of how to use the Apache Commons Exec for
    - a synchronous call to a bash script
    - an asynchronous call to a bash script

Thanks in advance for any help!!