commons-user mailing list archives

From Siegfried Goeschl <siegfried.goes...@it20one.com>
Subject Re: [EXEC] Question
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2017 10:36:36 GMT
Hi Dan,

some thoughts along the line

* Just to make sure - you are running NOT on Windows?
* are you redirecting streams within your Java code and the Bash scripts? If so, can you get
rid of them? I vaguely remember issues where a process was killed by the ExecuteWatchdog but
hang on a re-directed stream
* do you have more information regarding the “ExecuteWatchdog” problem - maybe some code
snippet to reproduce the issues

Thanks in advance,

Siegfried Goeschl

> On 1 Jun 2017, at 18:26, Dan C <golfdanc@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the reply!!
>
> Here’s my situation:
> I’m using the Apache Commons Exec version 1.3 code to call a bash script (which in
turn calls one or more bash scripts).  In most cases, everything works and the calling Java
code gets a response.  However, on some occasions, the call to DefaultExecutor’s execute
method never returns (I’m calling one of the synchronous execute methods) …