commons-user mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [math] Frequency class included in 3.6, but not 3.6.1?
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2017 11:52:56 GMT
Hello.

On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 16:17:54 -0400, Matthew Mah wrote:
> I am trying to use the Apache commons math Frequency class within an
> Eclipse project using maven.
>
> According to the documentation, the Frequency class should be present
> in the latest release 3.6.1:
>
> http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-math/javadocs/api-3.6.1/index.html
>
> When I include the latest release using Maven:
> <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
>     <artifactId>commons-math3</artifactId>
>     <version>3.6.1</version>
> </dependency>
>
> the import statement
> import org.apache.commons.math3.stat.Frequency;
> complains that:
> The import org.apache.commons.math3.stat.Frequency cannot be resolved

I've just tested a simple application (importing and using the class)
and it produced the expected outcome.

Perhaps this link

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4322893/eclipse-error-the-import-xxx-cannot-be-resolved
can help you.

> This problem resolves for me if I use a slightly older version (3.6)
> <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
>     <artifactId>commons-math3</artifactId>
>     <version>3.6</version>
> </dependency>
>
> Is the Frequency class intentionally excluded from the 3.6.1 release?

Certainly not; it exists within the JAR.

> Or is there a problem with the 3.6.1 release?

Not that we know of (apart from the bug reports listed on the
bug-tracking system).

Regards,
Gilles