commons-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Mah <m...@broadinstitute.org>
Subject [math] Frequency class included in 3.6, but not 3.6.1?
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2017 20:17:54 GMT
I am trying to use the Apache commons math Frequency class within an
Eclipse project using maven.

According to the documentation, the Frequency class should be present in
the latest release 3.6.1:
http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-math/javadocs/api-3.6.1/index.html

When I include the latest release using Maven:
<dependency>
     <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
     <artifactId>commons-math3</artifactId>
     <version>3.6.1</version>
</dependency>

the import statement
import org.apache.commons.math3.stat.Frequency;
complains that:
The import org.apache.commons.math3.stat.Frequency cannot be resolved

This problem resolves for me if I use a slightly older version (3.6)
<dependency>
     <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
     <artifactId>commons-math3</artifactId>
     <version>3.6</version>
</dependency>

Is the Frequency class intentionally excluded from the 3.6.1 release? Or
is there a problem with the 3.6.1 release?