commons-user mailing list archives

From Garret Wilson <gar...@globalmentor.com>
Subject Re: detecting file reload in Apache Commons Configuration2
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2016 15:15:15 GMT
On 12/3/2016 9:09 AM, Oliver Heger wrote:
> You can add an event listener at the ReloadingController, then you
> receive notifications of type ReloadingEvent.

But how does that help me? The Javadocs for
[ReloadingEvent](https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-configuration/apidocs/org/apache/commons/configuration2/reloading/ReloadingEvent.html)

says that this is an "event that is fired when a reload operation is
required." I don't want an event just when a reload is _required_. That
helps the ReloadingController, but doesn't help my application much. I
want an event when a reload _has occurred_, that is, I'm guaranteed that
the configuration now has new information.

> Alternatively, you could also register a more generic listener for
> events on the configuration builder itself. When the builder's managed
> configuration is reset, a corresponding event is produced. This also
> happens during a reload operation.

Does it happen _during_ a reload operation or _after_? When I receive
this event, is the configuration guaranteed to have the new, reloaded
information?

Why can't I just have a simple event saying "the configuration now has
new data"?

Garret