commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <>
Subject Re: [configuration] Character position of key in file
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2016 21:27:15 GMT
Hi Greg,

Am 14.11.2016 um 19:01 schrieb Greg Torrance:
> I hope I'm not asking too many questions...
> I wonder if it is possible to determine the character/byte position of a particular key
in a configuration file?
No, the original position from where data is read is not stored in the
resulting configuration.

> My intent is to do a pre-pass of an XML configuration file in which certain configuration
keys/values are replaced by other keys/values. Once that is done the file will be reloaded.
I realize this is possible outside of Commons Configuration, but I was wondering if there
is a "hook" in the tool that might help simplify the process.
But wouldn't it be easier to do this with the Configuration API? Load
the configuration, iterate over its keys, replace data as appropriate
and save the result?

> Thanks,
> Greg

To unsubscribe, e-mail: