commons-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multipart download in FTPClient
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2016 16:43:34 GMT
Are you referring to Commons NET FTPClient?

If so, that has methods for writing the data to an output stream as it arrives:

http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-net/javadocs/api-3.5/org/apache/commons/net/ftp/FTPClient.html#retrieveFile(java.lang.String,%20java.io.OutputStream)

This does not take more memory for larger files.

See also the example app:

https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-net/#Examples

Source:

https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-net/examples/ftp/FTPClientExample.java

You can run the FTPClientExample as indicated above:

java -jar [path]/commons-net-examples-3.5 FTPClientExample -b user
pass host remote local
or
java -jar [path]/commons-net-examples-3.5 FTPClientExample -b -A host
remote local
for anonymous login

The -b is binary mode, which is almost certainly needed for large
files, which are unlikely to be text.