commons-user mailing list archives

From Thad Humphries <thad.humphr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [imaging] Changing compile baseline of library to JDK7
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2016 16:10:43 GMT
Yes. I've had to pull commons-imaging from my apps and replace it with
JAI-IMAGEIO. JAI is old and unsupported, but its jar files still work with
Java 6. (There are also older versions of Twelve Monkeys that work with
Java 6. https://github.com/haraldk/TwelveMonkeys)

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 11:38 AM, Sergio Matone <sergio@cedeo.net> wrote:

> I would like to express my disappoint since the library, which was working
> perfectly, is now compiled using Java 7 without issuing a version.
>
> I understand that the library is in SNAPSHOT, but why it wasn't issued at
> least a 1.0.0 version, tagging the Java 6 version.
> You broke builds of several of my programs in production. That's not the
> way Apache usually behaves.
>
> Sergio

Marlowe, *Doctor Faustus* (v. 121-24)