commons-user mailing list archives

From Justin Compson <>
Subject [imaging] Unable to download the binary from any mirror or archive site.
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2016 20:13:26 GMT

I'm trying to leverage the commons imaging library but I'm unable to download the binary from
any mirror or archive site.

I have found some source files in other locations but I've been unable to get them to work
either.  I don't use an IDE, I'm just using the command line in windows.

I've been able to successfully implement MySQL and fileuploader without issue so I'm not sure
what I'm doing wrong here.

When I am able to compile a project with what I believe is a valid .jar file it still can't
find all of the classes:
Z:\Web Projects\Java Code>java -cp . MetadataExample2
Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/imaging/formats/tiff/taginfos/TagInfo
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetMethodRecursive(
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod(
        at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.validateMainClass(
        at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.imaging.formats.tiff.taginfos.TagInfo
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(
        ... 7 more

I'm convinced it is just my jar file isn't setup right and I'd rather use a compiled version
than doing it on my own as I'm by no means an expert.

Please help!

Justin Compson

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: