commons-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Brand" <...@trellis.ch>
Subject Re: Prefix for mails to user@commons.apache.org?
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2016 21:14:14 GMT

Hi,
i understand that using the list-id in the header is the correct thing to
do, and using that id is certainly an elegant way to i.e. automatically
file these messages into its own folder. However setting up filters isn't
sometimes easy or limited and mails end up flat. Please have a look at
this screenshot part:
http://picpaste.com/pics/inbox_list_messages-AZ0VF5BA.1472591249.png
It must be obvious that a tag *in the subject* can be helpful. If along
"tagged" messages, there are messages from random people with random
subjects, it makes it harder at least in that scenario i'm using mail
(blame on how).
These few additional bytes wouldn't be a waste of anything IMHO. :)
Cheers
Thomas

On Tue, August 30, 2016 18:57, Christopher Schultz wrote:

> Matt,
>

> On 8/30/16 12:01 PM, Matt Sicker wrote:
>
>> Oh, I thought he was talking about subprojects, not lists. Yeah,
>> the List-Id and other List-* headers are good enough for this normally.
>
> .. or the "TO" or "CC" headers. Any client should be able to route
> messages based upon those.
>
> - -chris
>

>> On 30 August 2016 at 10:49, Paix, Manfred <mpaix@informatica.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> I don't like an additional prefix in the subject line, the
>>> subproject like [math] should be enough.
>>>
>>> -----Urspr√ɬľngliche Nachricht----- Von: Matt Sicker
>>> [mailto:boards@gmail.com] Gesendet: Dienstag, 30. August 2016
>>> 17:43 An: Commons Users List Betreff: Re: Prefix for mails to