commons-user mailing list archives

From "Mailing User" <mailingl...@mail.com>
Subject [FTP] Handling the stream from retrieveFileStream()
Date Wed, 04 May 2016 04:33:57 GMT
InputStream x = retrieveFileStream();

When closing x, I have to call completePendingCommand(). And it seems I cannot retrieve another
file stream unless x has been already closed. This makes things complicated when x is used
in nested, multi-threaded codes.

How do I know if x is open and I need to close x? Or how do I know if the FTPClient has an
opened stream? (I may not simply call x.close() again when it has already been closed, because
I need to call completePendingCommand() after x.close(), and if x has already been closed,
it feels it would cause problems to call completePendingCommand() again.)