commons-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FTP] Create new client for retrieveFileStream()?
Date Sun, 01 May 2016 19:48:33 GMT
On 1 May 2016 at 16:16, Mailing User <mailinglist@mail.com> wrote:
> I searched Google for examples uses of Apache Commons FTP library, but only found very
basic examples. For efficiency and not to reach user limit, I used only one client.

> When I called mlistFile(), I got an "java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: length=1;
index=1." at
>     String entry = getReplyStrings()[1].substring(1);
>
> I found that at that time, getReplyStrings returned a String array that had only one
element, and it was
>     226 Successfully transferred "/somefile.mp4"
> instead of the expected
>     250-Listing /somefile.mp4
>      type=file;size=1834618;modify=20090501101746; /somefile.mp4
>     250 End
>
> It seems that the response for MLST was mixed with a file close (InputStream.close())
response. What is the best way to avoid this? Should I use a separate client for retrieveFileStream()?

The Javadoc

http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-net/javadocs/api-3.4/org/apache/commons/net/ftp/FTPClient.html#retrieveFileStream(java.lang.String)

says:

"To finalize the file transfer you must call completePendingCommand
and check its return value to verify success. If this is not done,
subsequent commands may behave unexpectedly. "