commons-user mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [dbutils] Would it be possible to have parameters passed to QueryRunner as an Iterable?
Date Thu, 19 May 2016 13:02:56 GMT
Hello Robert,

Robert Huffman <robert.huffman@gmail.com> schrieb am Mi., 18. Mai 2016 um
19:00 Uhr:

> If a prepared statement is built dynamically, with a variable number of
> parameters, and parameters are collected in a Collection of some sort
> instead of an array, usage QueryRunner requires that the collection be
> converted to an array first. This means the parameters are iterated twice:
> once to convert to an array and once again in QueryRunner.fillStatement.
>
> Would it violate a design decision if methods were added to QueryRunner
> that took the parameters as an Iterable instead of as varags? It should be
> straightforward to add such methods and use an Iterable wrapper around an
> array to have the varargs methods invoke the new methods that take
> Iterables.
>
> I would be happy to submit a patch if this does not violate some sort of
> design decision I am not aware of and if the implementation approach sounds
> reasonable.

Sounds like a reasonable addition, although I'm not sure I understand your
proposal with the "Iterable wrapper around an array". Feel free to create a
JIRA and provide a patch/github PR for adding this functionality. Further
design discussions about this addition should go to the dev mailing list.

Benedikt