commons-user mailing list archives

From Konrad Zuse <TheKonradZ...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Commons Crypto component established
Date Fri, 13 May 2016 00:27:52 GMT
This is interesting.  I am curious how well this will work with Apache Shiro, and if there
would be any issues integrating this Library with Shiro?

Thanks for the help.
From: Benedikt Ritter <britter@apache.org>
Sent: Monday, May 9, 2016 3:53:33 PM
To: announce@apache.org; Commons Developers List; Commons Users List
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Commons Crypto component established

The Apache Commons team is pleased to announce the establishment of a new
component: Apache Commons Crypto.

Apache Commons Crypto is a cryptographic library optimized with AES-NI
(Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions). It provides Java API for
both cipher level and Java stream level. Developers can use it to implement
high performance AES encryption/decryption with the minimum code and
effort. Please note that Apache Commons Crypto doesn't implement the
cryptographic algorithm such as AES directly. It wraps to Openssl or JCE
which implement the algorithms.

The Apache Commons team is currently working on the initial release, which
is expected soon. We invite everybody interested to join the development on
Apache Commons Crypto.

More information can be found on the project website:

http://commons.apache.org/crypto

The source code is available in the Apache Commons Crypto git repository:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/commons-crypto.git

Have fun!
Benedikt Ritter, on behalf of the Apache Commons Community