commons-user mailing list archives

From Victor Rodriguez <vrodr...@digitalglobe.com>
Subject [net] FTPClient retrieveFile doesn't finish
Date Thu, 12 May 2016 21:42:30 GMT
?Hi!

I'm having an issue where sometimes FTPClient.retrieveFile doesn't finish and it doesn't timeout
either.

ftpClient.enterLocalPassiveMode();
ftpClient.setControlKeepAliveTimeout(60);
ftpClient.setControlKeepAliveReplyTimeout(60000);
ftpClient.setDataTimeout(60000);
ftpClient.setBufferSize(8256000);
ftpClient.setReceiveBufferSize(8256000);
ftpClient.setReceieveDataSocketBufferSize(8256000);

The BufferedOutputStream I'm using is defined as follows...

outputStream = new BufferedOutputStream(new FileOutputStream(localFile), 8256000);

What I'm doing is connecting, logging in, transferring a bunch of files one at a time, logging
out, disconnecting.  Is there any way I can prevent retrieveFile from hanging or make it so
that retrieveFile times out after a while so that I can try again?  If there is no configurable
timeout, what strategies are people using to interrupt the call to retrieveFile and try again?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Victor

This electronic communication and any attachments may contain confidential and proprietary
information of DigitalGlobe, Inc. If you are not the intended recipient, or an agent or employee
responsible for delivering this communication to the intended recipient, or if you have received
this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate or otherwise
use the information. Please indicate to the sender that you have received this communication
in error, and delete the copy you received.

DigitalGlobe reserves the right to monitor any electronic communication sent or received by
its employees, agents or representatives.