commons-user mailing list archives

From Mansour Al Akeel <mansour.alak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [configuration] read only configuration with combined configurations
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 02:46:49 GMT
Oliver,
thank you a lot for the detailed response.
What I concluded that I need a wrapper. We need to have a repository
of configurations for a unit testing framework (think JUnit).
We have a setup method, then test cases. So here's what we need:

1- A section of the configurations (read-only), holds process wide
configurations, and loaded on start up.
2- A section for setup (read-only) config, loaded from files
3- A section for setup method (read/write), that turns becomes
read-only after the setup method exits. For example store a login
token, or similar properties.
4- A section for data provided by files for each test case. This is
read only. This is erased after each test method.
5- A section for read-write test data, that gets erased after each test method.

Immutable configurations here will complicate things for me. I think
it's better to stay with CombinedConfigurations, and write a
wrapper/proxy that will control access, and manage the repository.

Thank you a lot for your help.