commons-user mailing list archives

From Ashok Panghal <ashok.pang...@gmail.com>
Subject [Imaging][TIFF]- Out Of Memory Heap issue while getting BufferedImage for a High Resolution Tiff image
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2016 08:39:08 GMT
Hi

Attached [0] is a tiff file of size 18 MB in compressed form which inflates
to ~ 3 GB in uncompressed state.It is a high resolution image with width >
18000 px and height > 47000 px, so while using TiffImageParser it results
into outofmemory error when it tries to allocate space for pixel raster
data in a two-dimensional array in memory in ImageBuilder.java [1].
Can someone points me to an approach or further optimization to avoid heap
issues while dealing with high res tiff images. Heap issue not seen if Heap
size increased to 8 GB or so but that's not very scalable solution for
other more high res images we have almost 5 times bigger than this sample
image.

-Ashok
[0]
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xgey5orhkr2ax6q/wpf150903A.TIF?oref=e&n=301327099