commons-user mailing list archives

From Greg Thomas <greg.d.tho...@gmail.com>
Subject [daemon] Spurious "exit" on windows service JVM args
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 11:01:53 GMT
I'm installing my windows service with a command like ...

prunsrv //IS//TestService --DisplayName="Test Service" ^
        --Install=prunsrv.exe ^
        --Jvm=auto ^
        --StartMode=jvm ^
        --StopMode=jvm ^
        --StartClass=org.apache.SomeStartClass ^
        --StopClass=org.apache.SomeStopClass ^
        ++JvmOptions -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote ^
        ++JvmOptions -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=3333 ^
        ++JvmOptions -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.local.only=true ^
        ++JvmOptions -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false ^
        ++JvmOptions -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false ^
        ++JvmOptions -XX:+UseG1GC ^
        ++JvmOptions -XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation ^
        ++JvmOptions -XX:+PrintGCApplicationConcurrentTime

But I've just noticed something odd when I connect to the process
using JVisualVM the Overview tab lists the JVM arguments as follows;

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=3333
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.local.only=true
-XX:+UseG1GC
-XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation
-XX:+PrintGCApplicationConcurrentTime exit

Note the trailing "exit" at the end, for the last argument. If you
look in the registry, The "Options" key just contains, as expected,
the same list of options *without* the "exit" - so it looks like
prunsrv is adding it on.

Is this a bug with prunsrv? Where is the "exit" coming from?

Thanks,

Greg