commons-user mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [MATH] Ordinary differential equations - stiff solver
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2016 13:00:27 GMT
Hello.

On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 08:30:39 -0400, Stefan Hubert wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> I am curious if a support for solving stiff ordinary differential
> equations
> is planned in future?
>
> There are a lot of them available for Fortran 77 (e. g.
> https://people.sc.fsu.edu/~jburkardt/f77_src/odepack/odepack.html). I
> do
> have a direct Java translation

We should be wary of direct translations, as they are no more
understandable
than the original source.
Commons Math, being implemented in _pure_ Java, should be an
object-oriented
library.

> of LSODE,

Unless I'm mistaken, there is no license.

> maybe this helps to get started?

Yes, if you are willing to use it as a reference implementation of a
new,
independent, free, object-oriented version of the functionality.

Best regards,
Gilles