commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <>
Subject Re: [configuration] Monitoring configs
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2016 19:40:19 GMT

Am 25.04.2016 um 09:45 schrieb Ahmad, Zeba:
> Hi,
> I'm looking at providing a platform for users to monitor their configurations either
via JMX or some other means. Some ways I can think of doing this
> 1)      Let users register their chosen configurations as MBeans. Here's<>
a similar approach by Netflix. Here however, platform cannot mandate all configurations to
get surfaced for monitoring.
> 2)      Read all config files present for the given application in config directory,
use Apache Modeler or some other to dynamically generate bean descriptors and JMX MBeans for
monitoring. But here I'm duplicating the reading of the configs and the memory structures.
> 3)      Have instrumentation within apache-commons-config  for such monitoring by JMX
or any other means.
> Reg. #3, is there any recommendation on how users can efficiently monitor/view/modify
their configurations dynamically (without delivering an updated file)?

Not sure what you want to achieve exactly. Could the event mechanism [1]
be of some help?

> Regards,
> Zeba

To unsubscribe, e-mail: