commons-user mailing list archives

From Ayoma Wijethunga <ayoma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [io] OutOfMemory exception in IOUtils.toByteArray
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2016 13:13:31 GMT
Read through [1] and [2]

"Errors are abnormal conditions that should never occur"  and there is
usually no recovering from it. You can catch it with "OutOfMemoryError"
itself, with "Error" or with "Throwable" [3], if you need and try to
display a message.

Best approach is to check what consumes memory and try to solve the
problem. Android Device Monitor will come in handy with checking relevant
details [4].

[1]
http://javaconceptoftheday.com/difference-between-error-vs-exception-in-java/

[2] https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/lang/Error.html