commons-user mailing list archives

From Woonsan Ko <woon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: scxml: nested custom actions
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2016 19:52:43 GMT
Hi Rinke / Ate,

It looks like it has been changed as of SCXML-213 [1] with commit
eba2b2899787ef0476c1dd8852aba5b0adb4f5f3.
SCXMLReader#readCustomAction() seems to ignore the possibility of
nested custom actions by invoking #skipToEndElement(reader).
@Ate, is it probably a regression? (custom actions are commons-scxml
specific, not having to be compliant with scxml spec)

Regards,

Woonsan

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SCXML-213

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 5:03 PM, R.C. Hoekstra
<r.c.hoekstra@erasmusmc.nl> wrote:
> Hi Ate, Woonsan,
>
> Is there a way to access nested child actions from a parent custom action in scxml?
>
> In version scxml-2.0-M1 I could do this in the onexecute of a custom action:
>
> for (Action action : getParent().getActions()) {
>        if (action instanceof MyChildAction) {
>               // do things with child action
>

> In M1 the Executable.getActions() would list all actions, also the nested child actions
contained in a parent action.  In the most recent code the Executable.getActions() only lists
the parent action, NOT it's children.