commons-user mailing list archives

From Mark Carbonaro <mark.carbon...@gmail.com>
Subject SMTPSClient currently used cipher
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2016 12:39:50 GMT
Hi,

I am currently using SMTPSClient to send messages via SMTP without issue, I
am able to utilise execTLS() to establish a secure transport.  Everything
works really well and so far no issues.

One question I do have is, how do I return the cipher that has been
negotiated and is currently being used after a successful STARTTLS? While I
can set the desired ciphers using setEnabledCipherSuites(), I'm still not
sure to know which one was selected.

Sorry if this question has an obvious answer, but I've not been able to
find any hints to where to look.

Kind Regards,
Mark