commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <>
Subject Re: [configuration] use commons configuration 2 as PropertySource in Spring
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2016 15:07:28 GMT
Hi Dennis,

Am 31.03.2016 um 14:27 schrieb Dennis Kieselhorst:
> Hi,
> great to see that Commons Configuration 2.0 is out.
> There is one question that appeared during the migration in one of my
> projects. With Commons Configuration 1.0 a Spring modules factory bean
> (org.springmodules.commons.configuration.CommonsConfigurationFactoryBean) was
> used to directly use Commons Configuration with Spring's
> PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer. As this is no longer maintained, the
> question is how to do this with Commons Configuration 2.0.
> Of course it should be possible to copy the existing Spring modules
> source code to the project and migrate it to 2.0. Is there some better
> way to do this? I know Spring offers YAML, but it should be still
> Commons Configuration (the existing XML configuration files should not
> be affected).

I never used CommonsConfigurationFactoryBean myself. It is unfortunate
that the Spring Modules project is no longer active; the best solution
would probably be to update the factory bean on Spring side.

I am not sure how to proceed in this question. I am reluctant to adding
a corresponding integration to Commons Configuration itself because this
would require adding all those Spring dependencies and seems to be a bit
out of scope.