commons-user mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: SCXML project
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2016 22:34:39 GMT
Hi Martin,

I've disabled JDK 8 javadoc doclint which should 'fix' your below problem.

BTW: can you please use properly wrapped/formatted plain text for your email?
Like your previous message, content below is pretty much unreadable ...

Ate

On 2016-01-28 14:32, Martin Gainty wrote:
> Hi Atecurrently testing what happens when log4j.properties or log4j.xml is missing (cured
by inserting a working log4j.properties into scxml classpath)
> I am currently experiencing this failure:
> Javadoc failure with:
>
> Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Error generating maven-javadoc-plugin:2.10.3:javadoc:Exit
code: 1 - \scxml\src\main\java\org\apache\commons\scxml2\SCInstanceObjectInputStream.java:80:
error: unexpected end tag: </p>     * </p>
> Here is the code:
>   /**     * Set custom class resolver callback, or null when no longer needed.     *
in) throws IOException,ClassNotFoundException {     *     ClassResolver currentClassResolver
= null;     *     try {     *         if (in instanceof SCInstanceObjectInputStream) {
 *             currentClassResolver = ((SCInstanceObjectInputStream)in).setClassResolver(customClassResolver);
    *         }     *         ... // read Object(s)     *     }     *     finally {     *
        if (in instanceof SCInstanceObjectInputStream) {     *             ((SCInstanceObjectInputStream)in).setClassResolver(currentClassResolver);
@see org.apache.commons.scxml2.env.groovy.GroovyContext#readObject(ObjectInputStream)
* @param classResolver custom class resolver     */    public ClassResolver setClassResolver(ClassResolver
classResolver) {
        ClassResolver old = this.classResolver;        this.classResolver = classResolver;
       return old;    }
> fubars javadoc and fails the build..for now i can comment out the <p> and </p>
inside comments to bypass

> Suggestions are welcomethanksMartin
>

>> Subject: Re: SCXML project
>> To: user@commons.apache.org
>> From: ate@douma.nu
>> Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 22:10:50 +0100
>>
>> On 2016-01-26 22:36, Martin Gainty wrote:
>>>
>>> mvn package doesnt package (testcase fails) currently
>>>    <testcase name="testSCXMLExecutorTransitions02Sample" classname="org.apache.commons.scxml2.SCXMLExecutorTest"
time="0.03">
>>>       <error type="java.lang.NullPointerException:">
>>>       java.lang.NullPointerException: null at
>>>         org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SLF4JLog.isDebugEnabled(SLF4JLog.java:49)
at
>>>         org.apache.commons.scxml2.env.SimpleContext.setLocal(SimpleContext.java:178)
at
>>>         org.apache.commons.scxml2.SCXMLExecutionContext.initializeIOProcessors(SCXMLExecutionContext.java:358)
at
>>>         org.apache.commons.scxml2.SCXMLExecutionContext.attachInstance(SCXMLExecutionContext.java:397)
at
>>>         org.apache.commons.scxml2.SCXMLExecutor.attachInstance(SCXMLExecutor.java:398)
at
>>>         org.apache.commons.scxml2.SCXMLTestHelper.testInstanceSerializability(SCXMLTestHelper.java:258)
at
>>>         org.apache.commons.scxml2.SCXMLExecutorTest.testSCXMLExecutorTransitions02Sample(SCXMLExecutorTest.java:139)
>>>
>>> correct this small bug lurking in org.apache.commons.scxml2.env.SimpleContext.java
>>>
>>>    /**
>>>    * Assigns a new value to an existing variable or creates a new one.
>>>    * The method allows to shaddow a variable of the same name up the
>>>    * Context chain.
>>>    *
>>>    * @param name The variable name
>>>    * @param value The variable value
>>>    * @see org.apache.commons.scxml2.Context#setLocal(String, Object)
>>>    * as someone forgot to initialize log toss a System.out.println
>>>    */
>>>    public void setLocal(final String name, final Object value) {
>>>        getVars().put(name, value);
>>>        try {
>>>            if (log.isDebugEnabled()) {
>>>                log.debug(name + " = " + String.valueOf(value));
>>>            }
>>>        }
>>>        catch(NullPointerException npe) {
>>>            System.out.println("SimpleContext::setLocal log.isDebugEnabled() where
log="+log+" name="+name+" throws NPE");
>>>        }
>>>    }
>>>
>>> *Obrigado Guilherme*
>>> Martín
>>
>> AFAICT the above NPE only can occur when configuring an invalid/wrong logging
>> class (like in the pom.xml for the maven-surefire-plugin) and/or through
>> explicitly set the the Log instance to null in SimpleContext.java.
>>
>> When using a clean checkout/clone of the current SCXML git repository (master)
>> this definitely is not the case, and mvn package works just fine.
>>
>> So possibly you have local modifications, either to the pom.xml logging
>> configuration or otherwise causing this exception?
>>
>> Regards, Ate

Rhapsody.