commons-user mailing list archives

From Chris Price <ch...@puppetlabs.com>
Subject [exec] Stream closed issues with Java 8
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2016 22:53:57 GMT
Hi,

Have others experienced seeming regressions w/rt Streams using commons-exec
in Java 8?

In particular, I'm running into an issue where if I use commons exec to
call a process that doesn't consume its STDIN, but I have passed a stream
to it as its input via the StreamHandler, it fails with an IOException that
says "Stream closed".  The same program works fine under Java 7.

I've filed an issue on the bug tracker here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EXEC-102

And it seems that maybe at least one other person has had somewhat similar
issues with STDIN and Java 8:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EXEC-101

But I'm trying to sort out whether these are weird edge cases or whether
there are simply known incompatibilities between Java 8 and commons-exec.
If the latter, is there a different library that is recommended for
handling interaction with external processes in Java 8?