commons-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [commons-io] TeeInputStream that ignores skip/reset?
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2015 18:07:02 GMT
I'm not sure what the use case for this is, apart from avoiding the
bug in DigestingInputStream.
Which can be avoided by not using skip/reset.

I'm not sure that skip/reset make any sense for a DigestingInputStream anyway.

On 16 December 2015 at 12:19, Allison, Timothy B. <tallison@mitre.org> wrote:
> All,
>   Over on Tika, we'd like a DigestingInputStream that ignores skip/reset (unlike Java's
v <= 1.8 [0]).  Before we reinvent the wheel, is there an InputStream similar to TeeInputStream
that ignores skip/reset, so that the Digester would only see the stream as if it were read
sequentially without skip/reset?
>   If we do reinvent the wheel, should we contribute this InputStream to commons-io as
an alternate to TeeInputStream?