commons-user mailing list archives

From Bal√°zs Zsoldos <balazs.zsol...@everit.biz>
Subject Re: [jexl] 3.0 release date?
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2015 09:33:05 GMT
Hi,

thanks for the answer!

I think I will do the fork and rename the groupId and the package to
"org.everit" and do a release to maven-central.

Also, I would be interested in some optimization that needs a bit of
refactor. Probably JEXL guys will take that back later when JEXL project is
more active and that could be JEXL 4.0.

The optimization:

   - If the types of variables are specified in advance, method and field
   instances of global and local variables could be cached. My guess is that
   this would bring 2-3X performance increase
   - I would also return the type of the newly created global variables
   somehow so another expressions that use them can also work with this
   "strict-type" mode
   - Question: Why could not we find out the type by just calling
   getClass() on the variable object? Answer: The top type should be used that
   is visible for the classloader, otherwise problems would occur in OSGi
   environments. Also, there could be issues if some magical technology
   created the variable objects that do runtime class inheritance.

Kind regards,
Balazs