commons-user mailing list archives

From "Allison, Timothy B." <talli...@mitre.org>
Subject [commons-io] TeeInputStream that ignores skip/reset?
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2015 12:19:24 GMT
All,
  Over on Tika, we'd like a DigestingInputStream that ignores skip/reset (unlike Java's v
<= 1.8 [0]).  Before we reinvent the wheel, is there an InputStream similar to TeeInputStream
that ignores skip/reset, so that the Digester would only see the stream as if it were read
sequentially without skip/reset?
  If we do reinvent the wheel, should we contribute this InputStream to commons-io as an alternate
to TeeInputStream?
  Or, even more generally, are there other recommendations for handling this?  Thank you!

         Best,

                 Tim

[0] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/commons-user/201508.mbox/%3CDM2PR09MB07135F86C7AC6981F1BB216BC78A0%40DM2PR09MB0713.namprd09.prod.outlook.com%3E